Great Christmas Gift Ideas for Loved Ones in Assisted Living
Finding the perfect gift for your friends and family can be a challenge, including buying for seniors in assisted living – after all, they have had a whole lifetime of gifts!
Here’s a list of some practical ideas from our team at our assisted living community in Camden County, NJ to help you out with your holiday shopping:
- Time together. Spending time with your loved one is one of the best gifts you can give, from having them over for a festive event or planning something special for the New Year. You can make it as simple as spending a few hours visiting or take your loved one out to a local restaurant, art gallery or park. One fun idea is a memory tour to visit all the places your loved one grew up.
- Books. Books are always a wonderful present and great selections come out every year in time for the festive season. Many are offered in large print, but there are other options if your loved one struggles with their vision. Kindle eBooks can be downloaded and resized to very large text and there are audio books too.
- A personalized calendar. If you want something really unique, this is a wonderful option that you can fill with family photos. You can choose images from your own collections or even plan a fun, professional photo shoot.
- Homemade treats. If you love baking, then this is a lovely idea that is both personal and tasty! If you have kids, you can also get the whole family involved in decorating, baking or assembling your loved one’s favorite baked goodies.
- Something snuggly. Seniors struggle with the cold and winter holidays are the perfect opportunity to get your loved one something warm. A high-quality sweater, warm slippers with a good grip on the bottom, a thick scarf or a lovely throw all make very useful and beautiful gifts.
- Hobby items. For seniors who have a favorite hobby, look for items that are designed to help them stay involved. Ergonomic gardening tools and kneelers help make gardening more comfortable, and there are great outdoor walking sticks that look good and help keep seniors more stable while hiking or on walking tours.
Residential and assisted living for seniors at our beautiful Camden County community
Collingswood is part of the United Methodist Communities network of high-quality, non-profit senior living communities specializing in residential and assisted living for seniors. With an experienced senior care and assistance team, scalable services customized to each resident’s needs, and a lively social calendar, we focus our community to provide essential resources that promote independence and abundant life.
To find out more about United Methodist Communities or our assisted living community in Camden County, NJ, please visit our website at https://collingswood.umcommunities.org/ or contact us and book your visit today.