Post-acute care and services should be provided in an environment that is the least restrictive but continues to support overall recovery and wellness, whether in the home or a care community.
If you are not quite ready to return home or tried but found you still need more support, Transitions can help.
The Transitions neighborhood consists of private, fully-furnished apartments. Just bring clothing and personal items.
Guests benefit from care and services including rehabilitation, social engagement, wellness programming, home environment assessments, and transitional care to home follow-up.
Transitions is offered at an all-inclusive daily rate which includes:
- Community Life Programming
- Clinical Services
- Aide Services
- Care Transitions to Home Planning
- Social Work Services
- Dietician Services
A Transitions stay can be anywhere from one week to six weeks. Similar to a stay in a traditional rehabilitation setting, you must have a distinct reason for a short stay regarding recovery, reconditioning, and clinical monitoring. Examples include:
- Observation for response to a new clinical situation such as new diabetic/insulin or a fibrillation/heart rate and new medication.
- Rehabilitation, particularly areas that relate to practicing living in a home-like environment.
- Anxiety about being home without clinical support.
- Delay in having support structures in place at home.
- More stabilization required.
A Transitions stay is focused around the specific medical condition and wellness goals of each individual. We treat our Transitions residents with the same compassion and commitment to service that we offer to our assisted living and long term care residents. Transitions is available at three of our full service assisted living communities:
We sincerely believe that when you experience the setting and level of commitment and kindness that exists at United Methodist Communities you will not want to trust anyone else with your care or the care of a loved one.
For more information about Transitions or to schedule a tour of our facilities please contact us today!