Respite Care Centers across NJ
Respite care is an ideal solution for providing your loved one with individualized care in a safe, nurturing environment with a professional staff to support all their needs. Individuals receiving respite care are welcomed with open arms by the residents and professionals that comprise our close knit family at United Methodist Communities. Respite care also offers full access to all of the amenities found at our assisted living communities. This includes sponsored activities inside and outside the communities like fundraising events, social outings and more. We invite you to come spend time socializing with our team members and residents at any of our five full service assisted living communities across New Jersey. Once you see the respite care difference found at United Methodist Communities you will rest easy knowing your elderly loved one will be properly cared for.
At United Methodist Communities, our amenities and comforts include:
- Fully furnished apartments
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Regular licensed nurses are always available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week should the need arise
- Assistance with basic daily needs including personal care and hygiene, medication assistance, health monitoring, and more
- Delicious home-cooked meals
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Access to daily programs that nurture mind, body and spirit in addition to social events and outings
Are you a sandwich generation caregiver who needs a break from caregiving or wants to take a family vacation?
Respite provides peace of mind for caregivers looking for a safe, secure environment for their loved ones while taking a vacation, requiring time off for a specific purpose, or just desiring a much-needed break.
Are you interested in senior living but just want to try it out?
Respite can also bring the perfect opportunity to try out assisted living before making a long-term commitment. Statistically, a significant number of residents choose United Methodist Communities as the result of respite trials. They find new friends, outlets for their interests as well as a very welcoming environment. Stays range from one week to several months.
Respite Care Resources for NJ Caregivers
Being a primary caregiver can be rewarding but it can also be physically and emotionally draining. For that reason it is just as important to take care of yourself. Seeking occasional respite from caregiving responsibilities will help to reduce stress and refresh your energy levels. Seeking support and maintaining your own health is key to managing your role as a caregiver.
What to Consider When Deciding on Respite Care
Respite care centers provide peace of mind for caregivers looking for a safe, secure environment for their loved ones while taking a much-needed break. As with all forms of senior care, there are some important things to consider when deciding on respite care including:
- Keeping your Loved One Involved in the Decision. When planning for time off from your caregiving duties, make sure to keep your loved one in the loop. It’s important to be honest and open about the length of your departure and the benefits of returning refreshed and relaxed. Be sure to put them at ease by providing details about respite care center you have chosen including the benefits of the professional and compassionate care they will be receiving with the added benefit of individualized support and social interaction.
- Assessing your needs. Make a list of what care will be needed in your absence. Also decide if the respite care provider will need any special skills or training to be able to stay with your parent. If so, understand that your options for respite caregivers may be more limited.
- Assess your loved one’s needs. A full understanding the requirements, abilities, and preferences of your loved one will help find the best match in respite care. Consider some of the following questions:
- Is social interaction a priority?
- Is daily exercise a priority?
- Do they require assistance with daily activities such as walking, eating or taking medications?
- Do they need memory support?
United Methodist Communities
United Methodist Communities offers respite care services at all five of the full-service communities in New Jersey. We have a professional and compassionate staff that is waiting to welcome your loved one with open arms. To learn more about respite care or to tour one of our respite care centers housed in our assisted living communities, contact us today.