5 Festive Events All Around Town for Seniors and Families!
- The Skylands Christmas Light Show & Christmas Village – Sussex County is host to one of the best Christmas villages and light shows in the state! Admission to the outdoor village is free and the light show costs $20 per car. This event features more than 2 million lights along a mile-long drive, Santa’s workshop, an ice rink, s’mores and hot chocolate, and high-quality Christmas vendors.
- The Polar Express – If you’d like to take a trip into neighboring Warren County, the Polar Express is a wonderful experience for the whole family. It runs over the weekend from Lehigh Junction in the historic district of Phillipsburg, NJ, and lets everyone relive the wonderful Christmas story of the little boy in The Polar Express. Bring along your cuddliest PJs and get ready for some real magic!
- Morris County First Night – Another great short trip away is Morris County First Night in Morristown, NJ. It takes place from 4:45pm to 12midnight. So, it might be a good idea to book an Airbnb for the night – this trip is worth it! This non-alcoholic event has something for everyone, featuring over 400 artists and 80 performers along with two fireworks displays! Events are designed for all ages, from little kids right up to seniors, and there is a complimentary bus and shuttle service.
- Lake Mohawk German Christmas Market – This traditional German Christmas Market held at Lake Mohawk in Sparta, is one of the most-loved events in the state of New Jersey. It features beautifully crafted, unique gifts and food from over 100 vendors, along with festive entertainment for the whole family. Everyone involved is a volunteer and all proceeds go to charity!
- Annual Holiday Festival (Friends of Lord Stirling Stable) – This annual event in Basking Ridge, NJ, in nearby Somerset County is much-loved by kids and adults alike. Held at the Lord Stirling Stable, it features hayrides to visit Santa, games and craft projects, food, and drink. It also offers a silent auction for charity and the winter horse shows presented by the students.
Celebrate the Festive Season Together with Our CCRC in Sussex County, New Jersey
Bristol Glen is a CCRC and assisted living community in Sussex County that aims to provide seniors with comfortable, serviced living arrangements that free up your time to enjoy life. Founded on a philosophy of aging in place, our continuing care retirement community residents enjoy a less restrictive care model and can continue to live in their residential apartments to access additional services as their needs change.
Please contact us to find out more about our CCRC and assisted living in Sussex County, New Jersey or assisted living costs. You can also visit our website at https://bristolglen.umcommunities.org/ and book your visit today.