Need a New Year’s Resolution? 5 Reasons to Volunteer at Your Local CCRC in Sussex County, NJ!
It’s 2019 and if there’s one thing the New Year is all about, it’s self-improvement! If you’re setting out your goals and are looking for some rewarding ways to live a happier, more fulfilled life, we have a suggestion for your list — volunteering at your local CCRC or assisted living community. Here’s why:
- It’s ideal for almost any age. Whether you’re a teen, an adult or retired, it’s a great place to volunteer. There are roles for any age group, whether you want to share your time, provide companionship or help out with your skills.
- It’s great for your wellbeing and health. Countless studies have shown that volunteering is key to living a full and happy life — you can be proud of what you do, have a sense of accomplishment from helping out, and see the very real effects of giving back to your community. These studies have also shown that people who lend a hand are usually healthier and live longer lives, lowering risks of depression, anxiety and improving brain function.
- It really makes a difference. Getting that gym contract isn’t a bad idea, but if you really want to make a big difference, volunteering is the way to go. By giving back to seniors, sharing their lives and helping out – even with the little things — you’ll make an impact that lasts a lifetime!
- It’s easy to contribute. No matter how much or little time you have, or what your skills are, there’s something you can do. There’s so much that can be done, from helping out in the gardens, donating goods and treats, giving talks and demonstrations, to holding classes and even just spending time with residents, so you’ll always be useful.
- You’ll expand your skillset. As a volunteer, you can learn new skills too, which can be a great start to a new career path! You might discover a passion for senior care, nursing or fundraising, learn administrative and organization skills, or even great event planning skills.
Visit Bristol Glen, Our CCRC in Sussex County, New Jersey
Bristol Glen is a CCRC based in Sussex County that provides seniors with comfortable, serviced living arrangements that aims to provide seniors with comfortable, serviced living arrangements that free up time to enjoy life.