UMC announces UNITEDforSAFETY, our industry-leading standard of infection control and cleanliness for United Methodist Communities. This is our commitment to keep the health, well-being, and safety of our residents, associates, and volunteers at the forefront of your UMC experience.
We recognize that COVID-19 has brought infection control, cleanliness and hygiene standards to the front of your mind and want you to know that safety is our top priority.
UMC has teamed up with the Association for
Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology,
also known as APIC. All our infection control specialists are certified by APIC and are working towards a Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC). The CIC credential identifies healthcare professionals who have shown mastery in knowledge and a commitment to best practices in infection prevention and control.
These are some of the measures utilized to maintain a safe environment:
- Using Environmental Protection Agency certified products that kill 99.9% of bacteria
- Increasing frequency of housekeeping services with attention to common and high touch areas
- Utilizing portable negative air pressure machines
- Sanitizing with UV light equipment
- Testing and monitoring residents and associates, and screening visitors
- Mandating hand washing and strategically placing hand sanitizer stations
- Requiring physical distancing and a period of quarantine when needed during outbreaks
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed
- Implementing recommendations of and coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), county health departments and the New Jersey Department of Health
Please contact the sales team at the community of your choice with any questions you may have related to UNITEDforSAFETY.