Long-Term Care at Pitman: 5 Indisputable Benefits
The realization that your loved one needs long-term care (also called skilled nursing) may come as a shock. After that shock wears off, you’ll likely feel an urgent need to take action. Your parent’s transition to a long-term care community can be difficult and emotional to navigate, especially without any prior experience or background knowledge about this type of senior care.
At United Methodist Communities at Pitman, we’re proud to offer expert long-term care services to assist seniors who have chronic illnesses or mobility issues. We’ve compiled a list of the five most important benefits of Pitman’s skilled nursing service.
- Professional and Compassionate Care: At our long-term care community in NJ, we pride ourselves on our dedicated team of skilled nursing professionals. Our caregivers are extensively trained to provide top-quality, compassionate care to residents who may have wound dressings, breathing rehabilitation, tube feedings, or persistent health issues they cannot managed at home. With round-the-clock support, our residents (and their families) can have peace of mind knowing that their healthcare needs are well taken care of.
- Individualized Care Plans: Every resident is unique, and our approach to long-term care reflects this fact. At UMC at Pitman, we create personalized care plans for each resident, tailored to their specific needs and preferences. Our team of healthcare experts conduct comprehensive assessments upon arrival and each day after to truly understand each resident, cover to cover.
- Engaging Activities and Social Connections: We firmly believe that an active lifestyle is essential for the overall well-being of our residents. That’s why we place high importance on offering a variety of activities to suit each resident’s interests. Under the direction of our healthcare professionals, your loved one in long-term care can pursue hobbies and group activities to develop social connections within the community. And who knows, they may even build a life-long friendship.
- Safe and Accessible Environment: Safety is of the utmost importance for seniors who require more comprehensive care or need extra support getting around from point A to point B. Our assisted living community is designed with the specific requirements of our residents in mind, incorporating features such as handrails, non-slip flooring, and wheelchair accessibility throughout our premises. We aim to promote independence and empower our residents to move more freely throughout the day by ensuring they have a safe and comfortable living space.
- Integrated Healthcare Services: Alongside our long-term care offerings, we provide access to a range of integrated healthcare services. From medication management and physical therapy to specialized nursing care and palliative care, our residents have peace of mind knowing that their evolving healthcare needs will be met within our community. This scaled, integrated approach eliminates the need for multiple external appointments and allows for seamless coordination of care, resulting in a higher quality of life for our residents.
Compassionate Long-Term Care for Seniors in Gloucester County
Choosing long-term care services at Pitman ensures that seniors with more complex needs receive the support, care, and compassion they absolutely deserve. With a dedicated team of health professionals, opportunities for socialization, and a secure living space, your loved one may rediscover some capabilities that were once lost. On top of this, they can connect with other residents and explore interests that they left on hold a long time ago. Our unwavering mission is to empower every type of senior and ensure they live their lives to the fullest – and we don’t intend to stop anytime soon.
To learn more about our compassionate long-term care services in Gloucester County or how UMC enhances quality of life for all NJ seniors, please visit our website at: https://umcommunities.org/pitman/