The Basics of CCRC Living
A Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC may be a new term for you, especially if you have been recently considering senior community options for yourself or a loved one. If you need the “411” on CCRC living, look no further! Our team at United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen has put together a crash course just for you.
What is a continuing care retirement community?
When it comes to senior living communities, there is a range of options available. A continuing care community or CCRC combines many services into one community, providing a continuum of care for seniors at every stage of life.
While the newly retired who want to downsize and enjoy great leisure facilities usually elect independent living, CCRCs also accommodate seniors at other levels of need. Assisted living is for seniors who need additional help with daily living or managing a health condition. Skilled nursing focuses on older adults with more complex health conditions who require 24-hour care. Tapestries memory care caters to older adults with cognitive deficits. Bristol Glen also offers respite, rehabilitation, and transitions.
What are the benefits?
There are several important benefits to consider when looking at a CCRC. Especially, if you are currently living at home, but are looking for the right senior living community to address all your needs:
- Stability – You won’t have to move out from your campus when you choose a CCRC. This is a great benefit for anyone who wants to put down roots, get active in their community, and not have to relocate down the line.
Bristol Glen’s aging in place philosophy makes residents feel truly at home. Even if your medical needs mean moving to a space that provides more intensive care, you’re still right there in your familiar community.
- Scalability – When you downsize and first move into a CCRC, your primary goal will be to create an easy-to-manage living space. Or maybe your partner requires more assistance than you do. CCRCs are ideal in this sense, because the services are scalable as residents need them.
- Widest range of services – CCRCs cater to seniors with different needs, so they offer the widest range of services of any senior living community. This starts with simple services that make daily life easy and fuss-free: housekeeping, maintenance and security.
Then, there are services to assist with daily living: wellness and beauty services, dining options, transportation, community clubs, and social events. On top of that, there are specialized care services, such as skilled nursing, short-term rehabilitation, occupational therapy, and 24-hour memory care for residents with dementia.
- Easy socializing – CCRCs like Bristol Glen in NJ focus on supporting independence and promoting an abundant life throughout your senior Because of the diversity of people, amenities and events, finding new friends is easy! You won’t feel lonely, isolated or out of place when there’s a vibrant community of people your age, who share your activities, interests and values.
How to find a great CCRC in New Jersey
There are many different CCRCs around the country, all offering a different lifestyle and range of services for seniors. It’s important to take the time to research your options so you settle on the right community for you. Some key considerations include:
- The quality of the housing, floorplans, gardens, and buildings
- How well the community is maintained
- Associate credentials, personability and availability
- Amenities, clubs, social events, and outings
- Meal programs
- Health care and wellness services
- Personal services to assist with daily living
- Cost of services
- COVID-19 health practices and hygiene policies
Our continuing care retirement community in NJ, Bristol Glen, is a beautiful and welcoming space for seniors, whether you have just retired or are looking for specialized care. We have industry-leading COVID-19 protocols in place and our experienced associates work tirelessly to meet the social, medical and wellness needs of every resident.
For more information on Bristol Glen, our care services, and how we support independent-style living for seniors in NJ, please contact us or visit our website at https://umcommunities.org/bristolglen/ccrc-independent-senior-living-in-new-jersey/