Bristol Glen Spiritual Life Scholarship
The senior residents of United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen are offering two (2) $1,000 (one thousand dollars) annual scholarships to recognize theological students’ outstanding academic performance and leadership skills. Applicants must be New Jersey residents, be enrolled in a seminary accredited by The Association of Theological Schools (ATS), and have a B academic average.
Funding for these scholarships comes from contributions and personal donations made by senior residents of Bristol Glen Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), United Methodist Communities of New Jersey umcommunities.org/.
- Enrollment in a seminary accredited by The Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- The applicant must be a New Jersey resident and provide a photocopy of NJ Driver’s License or other proof of NJ residence.
- The applicant must have a B academic average and provide the Scholarship Committee with a copy of their most recent academic transcript.
- Award is granted for one academic year only.
- The scholarship committee will select the recipients based upon a review of your documents.
- Recipients must be willing to come to Bristol Glen to receive the scholarship awards in person.
Interested applicants may download the Scholarship Fact Sheet and Application Form by clicking on the links below.
Applicants must return completed application form with required documentation by 4:30 p.m., JULY 31st. (If July 31st falls on a weekend, the application deadline will be 4:30 p.m. on the following Monday).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT:
Submit eight (8) complete, collated and user-friendly information packets containing copies of the application and all required documents bound in booklet form for our scholarship committee members to review. Incomplete materials and items which arrive under separate cover will not be considered. One packet must contain original documents, but the other seven packets may be copies. No additional material will be considered. The following items must be in each packet submitted:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of continuing enrollment (proof of enrollment in classes for the upcoming fall semester) in a seminary accredited by The Association of Theological Schools (ATS)
- Most recent academic transcript (Secure a copy of your transcript for yourself, open and duplicate it for submission in each of the application packets, include original in originals packet).
- One current personal reference letter from a spiritual mentor.
- Typewritten essay, double-spaced, no more than 500 words describing why you feel called into ministry, what led you to your decision to pursue ministry and where you feel called to serve.
- A brief statement of financial need and reason for requesting a scholarship.
- Copy of NJ Driver’s license or other proof of New Jersey residence.
For additional information please contact Chaplain Carl Bannister via phone at 908-300-5788 ext. 1413 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.