All checks should be made out to the United Methodist Communities Foundation. Our bank (Kearny) will no longer deposit checks made out to a community or a fund.
Checks can be mailed to the United Methodist Communities Foundation at 3311 State Route 33 in Neptune, NJ 07753.
- If the donation is in honor of someone (meaning the person is living), please include a note stating who the donation is in honor of, or write “in honor of ______” in the memo line.
- If the donation is in memory of someone (meaning the person has passed away), please include a note stating who the donation is in memory of, or write “in memory of _____” in the memo line.
- If you would like to list United Methodist Communities in an obituary as an option for sending gifts in lieu of flowers, please direct donors to make checks payable to United Methodist Communities Foundation (not a specific community). Any information pertaining to fund specifications, community affiliations, and who the donor would like to be notified of their contribution can be written in an accompanying note or listed on a gift transmittal form.
- If you would like a church in the Greater New Jersey United Methodist Conference to receive credit for your donation and you are using a UMCommunities Foundation donation envelope, please indicate that by checking off the appropriate box and writing the name and town of the church.
- If you are not using a donation envelope, please include a note requesting church credit and state the name and town of the church.
Fund Choices/Restricted Donations
- The United Methodist Communities Foundation currently has four fund options for donors to pick from: Area of Greatest Need (unrestricted/general use donations), Gift of Care Circle (formerly known as Fellowship Fund), Tapestries Memory Care Fund, and Senior Wellness Fund. Donors should specify their fund of choice on the memo line of a check or in an accompanying note. If donations are received without any fund specification, they are treated as Area of Greatest Need.
- If you would like to restrict your donation to a community or something that isn’t an established fund, you must explain how you intend your gift to be used. For example, still make the check out to UMCommunities Foundation, and include a note saying, “Please use this money only for hospice at The Shores.” We recommend you contact a member of the Foundation staff with your suggestions/ideas.
- United Methodist Communities strongly encourages that smaller gifts (under $500) not be restricted. We recommend that you call the Foundation to speak with a staff person if you have any questions, project ideas, or are unsure about how to designate your gift. We will be happy to help!
Other Ways to Donate
- Credit card donations are quick and secure at foundation.umcommunities.org/donate. You will have the option to select your fund of choice and specify if you’d like your donation to be a tribute gift or receive church credit. Credit card donations can also be processed over the phone by calling 732-922-9800 and asking to speak with someone in the Foundation.
- For information on planned gifts (gifts in your will, making a legacy plan, gifts that pay you income while you live, etc.) please contact the Foundation.