The Best Apps for Seniors
Technology is invaluable when it comes to supporting a high quality of life for seniors, from helping families and loved ones stay in touch to ensuring rapid medical support when needed. Here are some of the best apps for seniors, from our senior home health care services team in NJ.
- Lumosity – This app is packed full of games and activities designed to keep the mind active and thriving. From memory games and puzzles to riddles and more, the app is diverse enough that anyone can find an activity that they enjoy. This mental stimulation is key to staying sharp and fighting disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Pandora – Everyone loves music – it uplifts you, brings back great memories and gets those feet dancing! This app allows you to access the music you love whenever you want, from playlists that follow certain moods (relaxing or inspiring content) to personalized radio stations filled with all your favorites.
- Senior Savings – This app helps track down local discounts and savings, which is ideal for bargain-hunting seniors. It tells you exactly which companies have specials on for seniors, from hotels and restaurants to retail stores.
- Red Panic Button – This app works in the same way as a medical alert necklace – instead of wearing one of those, you can just press a button on your phone to alert emergency services that assistance is needed. It also sends out the current location, so emergency services can easily find someone in need.
- Senior Phone – Smartphone interfaces can be confusing for many seniors who aren’t used to using complex devices, or who have trouble reading or identifying icons close up. It replaces the standard Android interface with a large-text, simplified version, including large buttons for “call” or “text” as well as options for sending an SOS message in an emergency.
- LibriVox – This provides access to over 15,000 free audiobooks in a wide range of genres all recorded by volunteers. These can be streamed over WiFi or downloaded for listening at a later stage. It’s a great option for seniors who love to read but have started to find it a challenging activity.
- MedWatcher – Medication management can quickly become a challenge for seniors and missing critical medication, taking conflicting medications together or accidentally overdosing is a real risk. This app was developed with the FDA and helps schedule all medications for you and has a comprehensive directory of drug descriptions, uses and side effects.
Senior Home Health Care Services in NJ Promote Well-being, Independence and Quality of Life
At United Methodist Communities in New Jersey, we understand the challenges of providing expert medical care and companionship to seniors while encouraging a full and independent life, which is why we’ve developed our HomeWorks program.
Through this senior independent home care program, trained and certified home health aides can assist seniors and their families through comprehensive senior home health care services. Each care plan is designed around the client’s exact needs, filling in with necessary assistance while allowing your loved one to remain in the comfort of their home.
For more information on at home care for elderly or to contact fully qualified home health aides in New Jersey, please contact us today or visit our website at https://umcommunities.org/homeworks/elderly-home-health-care-nj/