In-Home Care for Seniors in Sparta, NJ
Are you starting to notice some changes in mom or dad? Do they need a little help when it comes to taking their medications on time or to maintain personal hygiene? If you answered yes to both of these questions, it may be time to consider professional in-home care.
If your loved one is located in the Sparta area, United Methodist Communities offers HomeWorks that provides in-home personal care, respite stays, and other senior care services for the surrounding community. Here are some insights into who we are, our values, and our HomeWorks program.
What is United Methodist Communities HomeWorks?
HomeWorks is United Methodist Communities’ home care division. They deliver a comprehensive set of services to older adults who want to keep living at home, but require some extra assistance to do so. This means that seniors in the Sparta area who don’t require the advanced care of an assisted living community can stay independent and active in the comfort of their homes more easily.
In-home care is ideal for older adults who:
- Want an affordable alternative to assisted living communities.
- Require non-medical or temporary assistance (for example, while recovering from an illness or operation, or to access overnight care while family caregivers are unavailable).
- Demand a fairly low level of care and assistance in their home (for example, if they need companionship, extra help with daily activities, mobility issues or medication management rather than 24-hour skilled nursing care).
Types of services available through HomeWorks
In-home care services are tailored to each individual’s needs and budget, and include:
- Hourly care – Care and assistance for anything from 2 hours per day to 24 hours a day, depending on the schedule set. This is a very flexible care service that can provide essential support for family caregivers or undertake the main caregiving role as needed.
- Overnight care – Having a home health aide stay overnight is the ideal support for seniors who have difficulty getting a good night’s rest, have nighttime care needs, or can benefit from more constant companionship. This service also provides respite care for family caregivers who provide assistance through the day, but are unable to stay through the night.
- Respite care – Family caregivers require support and care too! Our respite service is designed to support you in your role as family caregiver, allowing you to rest, recharge and take care of other aspects of your life with complete peace of mind, knowing that your loved one is being cared for. Our respite care can take place in the home or at one of our assisted living communities nearby.
- Live-in care – Having a trained health aide living in the home and available any time, day or night, benefits seniors with more advanced needs. This service is also helpful to older adults who are vulnerable to fall risks or have difficulty using the restroom.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care – Older adults with Alzheimer’s or dementia conditions require a little extra care and support. Home health aides are specifically trained to manage the behavioral challenges that come with these conditions, while also providing compassionate care, stimulation, around-the-clock monitoring, and other methods of memory care.
What makes in-home care at UMC different?
United Methodist Communities HomeWorks is truly a special and unique in-home care division. Not only because we put quality of life and abundant living first, but because all of our aides are fully-trained and officially certified as home health aides in New Jersey. Every HomeWorks caregiver has formal certifications and multiple references upon request. Older adults in this program also have access to a registered nurse who can provide additional medical assessment, support and supervision if needed.
If you have any questions about in-home senior care services from our HomeWorks community in Sparta, call our team for a chat. Find out how we’ll welcome your loved ones into our family. You can also visit our website for more information at: https://umcommunities.org/homeworks/home-health-aide-services/