The Perks of Living in a Senior Community
When it comes to moving into assisted living, it’s normal for seniors to worry about leaving their old life and home behind. It’s a big decision to make, and one that shouldn’t be made lightly. But when older adults see the perks of senior living communities, especially ones that provide hotel-like amenities and fun activities, they often wonder why it took them so long to make the move! Here’s some insight from the United Methodist Communities team on how much they have to look forward to when moving into our senior living community in Sussex County.
It’s not like the old days!
Senior living has come a long way in the last couple of decades. Most people can’t believe how different it is from what they’d imagined. Far from a cold and impersonal facility, Bristol Glen is designed with one thing in mind – to give seniors a full, abundant, and independent life. Here’s what our residents love about living here.
- Beautiful grounds – We’re set in 74 acres of rustic landscape where gardening teams maintain the formal garden areas, there are plenty of pathways to explore, and seniors can relax to the sights and sounds of the countryside. Our grounds are a wonderful space for a peaceful walk, reading a book, or joining in on outdoor activities and social events.
- Spacious apartments – For the majority of our residents, we offer spacious, apartment-style living. There are no shared rooms unless it is required and there are both 1 and 2-bed apartments for spouses and singles. Every apartment is designed to be open, sunny, and inviting, with their own kitchen space should you want to cook for yourself.
- Aging in place – We bring services to our residents rather than moving people based on their care needs, which means everyone gets to stay in their own home as long as possible. This creates a wonderful sense of stability and security, where no one needs to worry about leaving their home for nursing home because our community provides varying levels of care under one roof.
- Independent living – We believe in living life to the fullest and helping seniors to do that too. Our services are scalable, ensuring you don’t have to use any service you don’t want, and our team is focused on respecting our resident’s preferences and routines.
- Easy access to care – At the same time, every care service is right there if you need it. If you have to go into the hospital for an operation, our team will be there when you get home to help you heal and recover. If you or your spouse has a fall, you fall ill, or you have concerns about dementia or other health conditions, we’re there to provide immediate medical help. If you need a doctor or specialist, we’ll organize your appointment and get you there on time.
- Lively social events – Moving to a senior living community should feel like a new, exciting chapter in your life. A chance to meet new people, make friends and indulge in your hobbies. Our social calendar means that life never gets dull – and you’re welcome to participate as much or as little as you like. From book and games clubs to dancing, fitness classes, educational talks, and seasonal events, we work hard to make our community a fun, lively, and enriching space to be.
Come and visit us at Bristol Glen and see the best of senior living
Bristol Glen is part of the United Methodist Communities network, a collection of senior living and assisted living communities in New Jersey dedicated to supporting abundant, independent living.
We’re proud to say that our independent senior living community in Sussex County earned a place on the U.S. News Best Nursing Homes and Short-Stay Rehabilitation Lists, reflecting our dedication to our residents and their well-being!
If you want to find out more about our approach to independent senior living in NJ, then please get in touch today or visit our website at