The Importance of Social Events in Senior Living Communities
When researching senior living communities, most of us prioritize important things such as the quality of the residential apartments, services offered, quality of care and costs. However, social interaction plays a crucial role in the quality of life of senior living residents. Our senior living communities are dedicated to providing residents with the opportunity to lead an abundant life and here’s why:
- Strengthen relationships: Having a diverse social circle that embraces different activities helps to build new relationships and strengthen established ones, keeping your loved one in touch, and busy and enjoying life.
- Mental stimulation: Interacting socially with a range of people through different activities provides essential mental stimulation which is key to a healthy, functional brain. Studies show stimulation has been known to help reduce mental decline, lower the risk of dementia-related conditions and depression.
- Build confidence and trust: Seniors with active social lives are open to trying new things, building new skills and achieving goals – helping to build self-confidence and achieve personal ambitions. By working together with others, relationships are built on a healthy foundation of trust, creating an environment where concerns can be shared and support is available.
- Increased physical health and reduced stress: Social activities can help seniors stay physically active, maintaining essential muscle strength and actively reducing harmful stress. Exercising in groups – whether in the form of gardening, nature walking or dancing – also helps keep seniors motivated to stay active and healthy.
Experience the social community spirit of United Methodist Communities
All of United Methodist Communities’ senior living communities place a strong emphasis on social interactions as part of our dedication to providing you or your aging loved one with the highest quality of life and care. While all activities are optional and seniors can participate as much or as little as they are comfortable with, we aim to deliver diverse offerings.
Our support services minimize daily tasks and free up time for activities such as:
- Instrumental and vocal performances and choirs
- Line dancing
- Physical fitness classes
- Family days
- Book clubs
- Gardening clubs
- Church services
- Bake sales
- Card clubs
- Craft days
Visit Our Beautiful Senior Living Communities in New Jersey Today
United Methodist Communities is a senior living organization dedicated to helping older adults to live full, happy lives. With an active community spirit, great amenities, spacious residential apartments, expert medical care, and tailored support services designed for independent living, we’re a welcoming space for seniors to really feel at home. All our support services are scalable, allowing your loved one to continue living as independently as possible even as his or her needs change. We are also able to provide care for Alzheimer’s and dementia residents. For more information, contact United Methodist Communities.