How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in New Jersey?
For many families, the cost of assisted living could be a barrier. Knowing the finances behind assisted living services and researching what different communities offer is key to finding affordable care that delivers a full and independent lifestyle.
The average cost of assisted living in the USA
In the 2015 cost of care survey conducted by Genworth Financial, the average cost of assisted living in New Jersey for a one-bedroom, single occupancy apartment is $5,725 a month. However, it is important to realize the huge diversity in what different facilities offer, including their living accommodation, quality of life and services.
At United Methodist Communities, the cost of a full-service assisted living studio apartment starts at around $3,000per month plus the cost of any additional services. Depending on the services you require, the cost can fall anywhere between $3,000 and $9,000 per month.
What services are offered in New Jersey assisted living communities?
Services vary greatly between different assisted living communities. Some offer standard packages for senior care while others offer scalable services only when you require them. This ensures that you don’t pay for services that you don’t need.
For example, United Methodist Communities offers certain basic assisted living services that include:
- A daily meal or meals, if you require them
- Housekeeping services
- Building and apartment maintenance services
- Water, gas and electric utilities
- 24-hour security
- Community enrichment programs and events
However, these additional services are available if required:
- Alzheimer’s and memory care services – including the development of therapeutic everyday routines, companionship, and physical and mental fitness.
- Skilled nursing home care – pharmaceutical and laboratory services, social and educational activities, laundry services, limited transportation and personal care services.
- Short-term rehabilitation – physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- Hospice services – palliative care services to support patients and families, focusing on the patient’s total comfort.
Assisted living services customized to your needs
At United Methodist Communities at Pitman, we offer a wide range of tailored support services for older adults in an environment that delivers the highest quality of life. Our residential programs and living options are designed to assist your loved one only when required, and to scale these services at any point if they require a higher level of care.
United Methodist Communities at Pitman serves Burlington, Camden, Salem and Gloucester County as well as the communities of Deptford Township, Glassboro, Harrison Township, Pitman, Sewell, Sicklerville, West Deptford, and Woodbury, New Jersey.
For more information, please contact United Methodist Communities at Pitman today and ask about our assisted living programs.