Great 2018 Summer Outings for Seniors
- The New Jersey State Fair/Sussex County Farm & Horse Show runs from August 4 – 13. This ten day show highlights the hallmarks of an old fashioned country fair, as well as lots of entertainment, food and shopping.
- Canal Day Festival A country fair that celebrates the rich history of the Morris Canal and the surrounding communities, this festival is held in Hugh Force Canal Park in Wharton, NJ on August 18 from 10am to 5pm. Featuring a craft show, great food and musical performances ranging from classical productions to Irish folk music, this is an entertaining and family-friendly cultural event.
- NJ State Barbeque Championship & Blues Festival. If the only thing you love more than the blues is a great barbeque then you can’t miss this festival! Featuring live cooking demonstrations alongside top regional and national blues acts, this festival is held on July 13 – 15 in North Wildwood, NJ.
- Grounds for Sculpture located at 80 Sculptors Way in Hamilton, this park is open from Tuesday to Sunday as well as Memorial Day weekend. Filled with incredible sculptures that change on a rotating basis and host to wellness walks, guided tours and HortiSculpture talks, this park is a must-see for locals and tourists alike.
- Counties all over New Jersey offer free viewings of movies at various locations, from community centers and parks to beaches and libraries. Catch all your favorite classics under the starry skies at Sparta’s Dyktra Park, Summit’s Village Green or any of the other many locations featured across the state.
- High Point State Park. If you’d like to get away from it all, this beautiful state park offers a serene day trip into nature. Ideal for the family as well, this park offers fishing, boating, picnicking, swimming and plenty of nature walking opportunities.
- If you want to find what’s going on in your area any time of year, visit http://www.whofish.org.
Live life to the fullest with independent living communities in Sussex County, NJ
United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen offers the highest level of independent senior living at our continuing care retirement community in New Jersey. Our priority is that you live life to the fullest while we take care of all your day-to-day tasks.
While we offer assisted living, nursing and skilled nursing services, we customize the level of assistance you require in order to perfectly meet your individual needs. Our welcoming and social atmosphere allows you to mix with the community at a level at which you are comfortable. Our wide range of activities, outings, events and social clubs allow you to pursue your interests and hobbies.
For more information on Bristol Glen and our CCRC facilities, please contact us today and visit us for a personal tour.