Giving and Getting the Most From Your Assets
How to Maximize your Investments
If you are looking for ways to manage your investments, maximize their worth and minimize taxes, there are a number of charitable strategies that can help you achieve your goals.
Here are three options to consider.
- Outright Gift: One of the easiest ways to lower taxes on an investment is to make a tax deductible gift of the asset to our organization.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: CDs or other investments that produce little or no income can be exchanged for a charitable gift annuity that makes fixed payments for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Investments that have appreciated can be used to fund a charitable remainder trust that will generate income and tax savings.
How You Can Give and Benefit
There are a number of ways that you can benefit from making a gift of your assets to
charity. Below are some strategies:
- Outright Gifts: Make a direct gift of your asset to us and receive tax savings.
- Donor Advised Fund: Make a gift to support your favorite causes and receive tax savings.
- Charitable Life Income Plans: Create income for you and your loved ones through giving.
- Gift and Sale: Sell your asset tax free, receive cash and make a charitable gift.
- Unitrust and Sale: Receive tax-free cash and lifetime income while making a charitable gift.
- Charitable Life Estate: Make a gift of your home or farm, remain living there and save on taxes.
- Estate Gifts: Make a gift that will remove an asset from your estate and leave a lasting legacy.
Compassionately Serving in Community So That All Are Free to Choose Abundant Life
The United Methodist Communities Foundation, established in 1985, supports the missional focus of the communities and acts as an independent entity, enhancing the mission, philosophy, and ministry of the organization.
To find out more about our the Foundation, please contact us today.