Five Benefits of Independent Living Communities for Aging Seniors
If you are concerned with the safety and security of your elderly loved one, you might want to consider independent living. Independent living, found within a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), is ideal for individuals who can still live without assistance, but enjoy the peace of mind of having access to assistance when needed. In this post we will discuss five key benefits of independent living at United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen.
Benefits found at United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen Continuing Care Community
- Senior-friendly housing – With high-quality, apartment living, seniors are able to downscale from costly, high-maintenance houses with ease. Accommodations at Bristol Glen are designed for easy navigation (whether a resident is mobile, using a walker or in a wheelchair), compact and free of potential hazards.
- Social Interaction – Independent living at Bristol Glen encourages residents to participate in the community at a level where they are comfortable. With year-round events, movie nights, clubs, fitness centers, and a barber shop/beauty salon, all on your doorstep, you can easily reach out and connect with the rest of the community and your peers.
- Safety and Security –In the basic sense this means protecting access to the community and its residents. It also means insuring that our residents’ needs are met and emergencies are discovered and responded to in a timely fashion. At Bristol Glen CCRC we solve this by taking care of all maintenance, offering 24-hour safety and security systems.
- Free Time – The most common reason that seniors transition from their own homes to Bristol Glen independent living is the freedom gained. Downsizing from a large home minimizes personal chores, errands and time spent on home maintenance. Residents find that independent living gives them the time to pursue other long-delayed interests and hobbies.
- Independence – Bristol Glen CCRC has the same goals as its residents – to keep them as independent as possible without infringing on dignity or privacy. This means we only provide the support as you need it, within the CCRC. Additional amenities include laundry services, housekeeping services and scheduled transportation, as well as 24-hour emergency response systems and skilled nursing staff.
At United Methodist Communities, our aim is to ensure that each of our residents maintain their dignity, quality of life and independence. Our programs ensure residents are encouraged to get involved with the community at a level they are comfortable with and we tailor our services to ensure that each resident gets the help and support they require to live a full and happy life. For more information, visit United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen today.