A Guide to Senior and Assisted Living Apartment Layouts
One of the greatest benefits of assisted living communities is the residential lifestyle offered. Find out why from United Methodist Communities:
- Downsize in comfort: Many seniors choose to move into assisted living because their current home is simply too big for them to maintain and live in comfortably. Rather than downsizing to a small apartment in a condo or development, an assisted living community is chosen because it offers a spacious high quality alternative complete with all the essentials needed to continue enjoy a wonderful lifestyle..
- Space to move: Senior and assisted living apartment homes are designed specifically with older adults’ needs in mind. All on one level with spacious rooms and doorways that can easily accommodate walkers and wheelchairs, these apartments allow easy movement from room to room.
- No tripping hazards: Falls are a serious health concern for seniors, so actively preventing them are a priority for senior living communities. With grab-bars in bathrooms, non-slip flooring surfaces and great lighting in every room, these apartments are optimized for safety without sacrificing their lovely homey feel.
- Maintenance-free: With trusted on-site maintenance teams dedicated to keeping the apartments in perfect condition, you never have to worry about the hassles, expenses and risks of home maintenance. From changing light bulbs to fixing flooring, plumbing and electrical issues, their professional team will take care of everything.
- Security alerts: One of the biggest worries for seniors and their families is the potential for an emergency to occur when they are home alone. In assisted living communities, apartments are set up with 24-hour security and medical alert alarms, as well as smoke detectors to help ensure the health and safety of residents. These systems are effective and regularly tested as well as unobtrusive, so your home is kept secure as well as attractive and cozy.
Assisted living services for seniors in New Jersey
At United Methodist Communities at Collingswood in Camden County, your comfort and health is our priority. Our assisted living community and services are designed to take care of daily tasks so that you can enjoy a full and independent life. With a lively spirit, beautifully kept gardens and cheerful, compassionate staff, we pride ourselves on putting the wellbeing and happiness of our residents first.
Our residential programs and living options are designed to assist your loved one only when they require it, and to scale these services at any point if they require a lower or higher level of care.
Collingswood Manor in Camden County, NJ also serves residents of Gloucester County, Salem County, Cumberland County and Atlantic County and especially the towns of Collingswood, Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester, Pennsauken, Voorhees Township, and Winslow Township, New Jersey.
For more information, please contact United Methodist Communities at Collingswood today and ask about our assisted living program.